Archer Malmo, named a best place to work by Advertising Age and other publications multiple times, has an immediate opening for an Art Director in their Austin office.
This job is about owning your craft. It means you are curious, passionate and committed to your development. We don’t expect you to have all the answers, but we do expect you to tirelessly pursue them. You are responsible for concepting unique, creative ideas on assigned briefs under the mentorship of senior creatives. Use your passion for visual design to experiment. Try new things. Explore big, bold ideas. You don’t need to be told to push yourself. You see every assignment — no matter how big or small — as an opportunity to learn and grow. Take strategic direction and critical feedback. Ask questions. Be proactive. And be humble and cool under pressure.
What is expected of you:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite basics (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Learning new programs like InVision, Sketch, Lightroom, Premier, Keynote
- Be passionate about design, typography, illustration, photography and new media
- Be self-motivated with an ability to prioritize workload
- Follow creative briefs to develop concepts that are both strategic and unexpected
- Learn how to present your work in an effective way internally
- Collaborate with other team members and brainstorm with a partner or in group settings
- Be open to new challenges and committed to solving them
- Think big, execute the details
- Deliver quality work on time
What you must have:
- Graphic Arts
or relevant degree with 3–5 years of agency or marketing experience. No baggage, politics or attitude.
- A great book.
Different media, different approaches, production experience, some digital stuff, too. We should be able to tell
if you get it.
- Range. We have
a diverse client list, and there’s always
something new. Be able to change gears.
skills. Whether inside the shop or to clients. It makes a difference.
- All the usual
software and computer skills. We’re Mac and
Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Ability to go
the extra mile on new business, when necessary. You know how it is.
Who we are:
Archer Malmo is a privately owned marketing agency with offices in Memphis, Tenn., and Austin, Texas. Our cities have soul, a unique personality that creative people love. There’s plenty to do — music, culture, sports, outdoors, good food, more music — great places to do it and cool people to do it with. In-house and in our cities, we put a lot of effort into building a great culture. Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).