Director of Digital Development & Technology
Are you an experienced technology guru who can talk shop with your dev team as well as the C-suite? Are you passionate about harnessing the power of tech to serve business goals? Do you stay immersed in technological advancements, opportunities and challenges, with endless curiosity on how they impact marketing? As a Director of Digital Development & Technology at Archer Malmo, you’ll lead a large team of backend developers, frontend and user interface designers, as well as marketing automation and QA analysts across our two offices, Memphis and Austin. This role will also be responsible for representing, promoting and advancing agency technology capabilities.
Location: Memphis, Tenn., with travel to Austin, Texas, every 6 weeks
Archer Malmo is one of the oldest and largest independent agencies in the U.S. We have been recognized by Advertising Age and others as a “Best Place to Work” and have been named to the “Inc. 5000” list of fastest-growing private companies in America for five consecutive years.
We are an agency built by people finding creative ways to drive real results and make the most of our opportunities. It’s this commitment that defines us and has set us apart for 65+ years. Be greater than is our formula for success, true to our purpose: to pursue constant improvement in a world of constant change.
Your Core Responsibilities as Director of Digital Development and Technology:
- Represent and promote the agency’s development and technology capabilities as well as proposed technology solutions in new business presentations and client meetings
- Assume overall accountability of the development of digital products/ solutions from planning to inception
- Ensure the delivery of impactful, innovative digital products/solutions in budget and on time by collaborating with members of development, UX, project management, strategy, account service and creative
- Serve as a key player and a visionary along with other agency leaders in the advancement of agency capabilities and offerings that are designed to develop and grow brands in the digital age
- Develop, mentor, inspire and manage all the members of the development team (currently 16 people with 7 direct reports)
- Participate in new business activities by proposing solutions, preparing written submissions and delivering presentations
- Serve as the lead expert in explaining complex technical solutions in a simple yet impactful manner, and in presenting trade-offs to internal teams and clients through clearly articulated evidence
- Lead and strengthen technology partner relationships with ESPs, CMSs and other technology vendors
Minimum Qualifications you Possess:
- 10+ years of experience in software architecture, application design, development and production of creative solutions including websites, mobile apps and applications
- 10+ years of experience in development/technology services at an agency or high-tech environment, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 5+ years of experience in managing a large team of resources with diverse skills
- Proven record of advancing and enhancing technological applications and solutions for clients
- Proven record of developing and presenting technical solutions to clients in pitch presentations, in person and over Zoom meetings
- Solid experience with database integration, email development and email QA process
- Ability to work with network infrastructure vendors like Rackspace, Azure, AWS and WPENGINE
- Must be highly curious, resourceful, analytical, proactive and collaborative
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fluid environment serving multiple clients and projects at the same time
Your Greater than Qualities:
Be Greater Than. At Archer Malmo, this phrase is equal parts motto, mantra and rallying cry. It captures who we are and what we strive for every day. It’s the latest articulation of the agency’s DNA — a legacy of finding creative ways to drive real results that goes back almost 70 years. People who thrive at Archer Malmo are those with a passion to Be Greater Than.
Be greater than development. Collaborate with UX, creative, strategy and broadcast teams to deliver work that goes beyond client expectations and delights customers big and small.
Be greater than the obvious. Immerse yourself in technological advancements, opportunities and challenges to drive smarter marketing solutions. Push yourself and others around you to deliver the unexpected.
Be greater than your ego. Be a part of a culture that fosters collaboration and mutual respect. We all receive strategic direction and constructive feedback with an open mind and will expect the same of you.
Interested? Please send us your current resume (pdfs work best) and your cover letter outlining why you should be in this role at Archer Malmo to email@example.com (no phone calls, please).