Do You Enjoy Solving Puzzles? Especially ones that involve Google, Site Optimization and Search Behavior?
We’re currently looking for an SEO Specialist to join our growing Digital Strategy team in either our Memphis or Austin office. In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams across the agency to execute and manage both local search and traditional search engine optimization tactics to drive organic traffic and growth for our clients.
Archer Malmo, one of the largest independent advertising agencies in the U.S. — and recognized as one of the best places to work by Advertising Age — is powered by an exceptional group of talented and collaborative experts combining brand thinking, data and technology to drive results for our clients today and promote their growth tomorrow. Be a part of a team that sets the bar high for integrated communications excellence.
Our benefits package includes health, dental, vision, pet insurance, 401(k) and profitability bonus. And we love our flexible PTO, free massages and ping-pong!
A Day in The Life: Archer Malmo Search Engine Optimization Specialist Your Core Responsibilities:
- Proactively keep pace with digital marketing trends, developments and search engine algorithm updates, and share knowledge with the rest of the digital marketing team
- Collaborate with and synthesize feedback from the Director of SEO and other team members to ensure consistency in SEO integration, execution and analysis
- Drive keyword research analysis to inform organic search optimization, information architecture and landing page optimization in close partnership with development and content teams; provide site content recommendations
- Review and analyze client site structures to ensure quality, content and readability by search engines, and identify areas for growth and optimization
- Coordinate Local SEO efforts for retail clients, as needed, including management and updating of NAP, photos, CTAs, etc., ensuring data integrity across all major local listings and directories
- Report on client SEO performance and communicate insights and recommendations
- Audit competitor and prospective client sites for new business pitches, as needed
- Stay abreast of the latest SEO developments and search engine trends
Intangibles You Possess:
- Internal drive to learn, grow and contribute
- Comfortable challenging ideas and conventions to find solutions
- The ability and motivation to manage up, when applicable
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively
- Tolerance for conflicting demands involving time, resources and flexibility
- A commitment to excellence in the work you do
Minimum Qualifications You Possess:
- At least 2 years working as an SEO Specialist or similar role involved in executing and managing SEO campaigns for website/s
- Basic understanding of HTML with ability to diagnose issues within website source code
- Solid understanding of SEO and Local SEO principles, tactics and strategies
- Direct experience with link-building and outreach initiatives
- Proficiency with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics) and SEM tools (Moz, RavenTools, Ahrefs, SypFu, SEMRush), as well as Google Search Console
- Google Analytics certified
Preferred Qualifications You Possess:
- Agency experience, background in content marketing or journalism
- Experience crafting and executing link-building campaigns and outreach
- Experience managing and executing Local SEO campaigns for multilocation retail businesses
- HubSpot content marketing certified
Ready to Begin?
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).