Social Media Specialist
Are you an aspiring art director or brand strategist looking to build your portfolio and gain strategic marketing experience? As a social media specialist at Archer Malmo, you’ll orchestrate compelling videos, photography, graphics and copywriting to build brand affinity and accelerate business growth on ever changing social media platforms. And as a member of the digital strategy team, you’ll gain important pre-management experience by facilitating collaboration across teams and disciplines.
Archer Malmo, one of the largest independent advertising agencies in the U.S. — and recognized as one of the best places to work by Advertising Age — is looking for a social media specialist to join our team in our Austin, Texas, or Memphis, Tenn., ofﬁce.
Our beneﬁts include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), proﬁtability bonus, generous time off and pet insurance. Archer Malmo employees enjoy monthly massages and weekly exercise classes, not to mention a culture where all are empowered to ﬁnd creative ways to drive real results.
Your Core Responsibilities as Social Media Specialist
- Be greater than content for the sake of content. Drive the presence of national brands in the most visited digital spaces: social media. Be a strategic thought leader and expert in the integration of social with brand strategy for national clients.
- Be greater than just delivering cookie-cutter social media ed cals. Use consumer insights, platform performance and key social media trends to craft monthly social media editorial calendars, content channel strategies and collaborate on social planning to extend brand strategy in the social media space.
- Be greater than outdated KPIs like growing followers or post likes. Dig into the brand strategy insights that really make a difference.
- Be greater than bad stock photography. We provide quality resources for you to craft amazing social media content. Collaborate with account creative teams to leverage exceptional brand assets and use our in-house studio to capture social-speciﬁc content.
- Be greater than social media. Collaborate with brand, creative and comms strategy colleagues to maximize the value of social presence within the larger brand universe.
Minimum Qualiﬁcations You Possess
- A solid understanding of how brands grow as well as consumer-obsessed marketing theories
- 1-3 years of experience in content creation, using original and curated assets, which is designed to extend the brand in the social space
- Demonstrated ability for basic video editing skills using After Effects and/or Premiere Pro, creating assets that capture attention in the social space
- Demonstrated ability to use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign to create social content that stands out on mobile devices while honoring brand identity
- 1-3 years of experience in social media analytics, including not only the ability to “pull numbers,” but also to convert ﬁndings into actionable insights and recommendations that extend beyond social media
- Strong understanding of practical social media applications for business purposes in order to articulate their beneﬁts for businesses and customers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment, switching gears from client to client, delivering on-strategy, channel-speciﬁc content
- Strong grasp of marketing, communications and sociology
- A good head on your shoulders, always thinking one step ahead with acute attention to detail
Intangibles You Possess
- Ability to collaborate effectively and a desire to build relationships across teams and disciplines
- Internal drive to improve constantly — learning, growing and contributing to great work
- Comfort with challenging ideas and convention to ﬁnd solutions
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively
- Tolerance for conﬂicting demands involving time and resources
- A commitment to excellence in the work you do
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, commercial and advertising art, design and interactive media design, marketing or advertising
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).