Sr. Digital Designer
Archer Malmo, one of the largest independent advertising agencies in the U.S. — and recognized as one of the best places to work by Advertising Age — is looking for a Sr. Digital Designer to join the team in our Austin office.
At Archer Malmo, our motto is Be Greater Than. We are an agency founded and built by people finding creative ways to drive real results.
Be Greater Than speaks to everything from small incremental shifts to transformational ideas. And it’s true to our purpose: to pursue constant improvement in a world of constant change.
People who fit in well at Archer Malmo are those with a passion to Be Greater.
We’re looking for a Sr. Digital Designer to:
Be greater than your first ideas.
We’re looking for those who push through the obvious in order to get to the innovative. We want you to use your passion for visual design to experiment. Try new things. Explore big, bold ideas.
Be greater than executions.
We’re looking for big-picture, ideas people, those who think along the full spectrum of disciplines, whether that’s a forward-thinking UX design or a brand activation meant to build buzz in the analog world. But a strong background in digital is a must.
Be greater than digital media.
You’ll be expected to stay current and get ahead of industry trends, seeking new ways to challenge our clients and help the agency stand out in the industry as a whole.
Be greater than your ego.
We foster a culture of collaboration and mutual respect here. We take strategic direction and constructive feedback with an open mind and will expect the same of you.
- Graphic Design or relevant degree with 4+ years of agency or marketing experience
- A great portfolio that includes a variety of media, including websites, email, video, social ads, experiential, etc.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design and trends, usability standards, platform capabilities, and digital design constraints
- Proven ability to create and deliver conceptual wireframes as well as low-fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts
- Strong understanding of developing channel-specific creative to cut through the clutter while keeping the brand picture in mind
- Experience working with IA Specialists, UX designers, and front- and back-end developers to bring realistic ideas to clients
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud suite basics such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects
- Expertise in design programs such as Sketch, Lightroom and Premier
- Ability to animate designs and prototypes with Invision, Flow, Flinto or Principle
- Passion for design, typography, illustration, photography and new media
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to think strategically and creatively by following a creative brief
- Experience presenting work to a team of colleagues and clients
- Passion for collaborating with a partner or ideating in group settings
- Excellent presentation skills, whether inside the shop or to clients
Greater Than Qualities:
- An attitude of gratitude that makes you a team player; willingness to pitch in on anything and everything
- Ability to go the extra mile on new business, when necessary
Archer Malmo is a privately owned marketing agency with offices in Memphis, Tenn., and Austin, Texas. Our cities have soul, a unique personality that creative people love. There’s plenty to do — music, culture, sports, outdoors, good food, more music — great places to do it and cool people to do it with. In-house and in our cities, we put a lot of effort into building a great culture.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).