Austin recognized with Silver ADDY by Austin AdFed
Archer Malmo took home top honors at the American Advertising Federation Memphis’ annual ADDY Awards Feb. 27, receiving Best of Show, Best of Print, Best of Illustration, Best of Copywriting, Best of Art Direction, and 16 Gold and 12 Silver ADDY awards. The agency’s Austin office also received recognition from the Austin Ad Fed chapter at the 2016 Austin ADDYs on Feb. 18 with a Silver ADDY award.
“The recognitions from the local ADDYs showcase the creative work done by teams across both the Austin and Memphis offices,” said Gary Backaus, chief creative and strategy officer at Archer Malmo. “It’s an honor for the work that we produce on behalf of clients is recognized by esteemed peers.”
The Memphis office won Best of Show for its Beale Street Caravan Posters. Other Best of awards included the following:
- Best of Print: Delaware North, The Future of Sports
- Best of Illustration: University of Memphis Law School Magazine Illustration
- Best of Copywriting: University of Memphis Basketball Season Ad Campaign — “I Play for Memphis”
- Best of Art Direction: Beale Street Caravan Posters
Archer Malmo also received 16 Gold Awards for the following campaigns:
- Sales & Marketing Sales Promotion:
- Product or Service Sales Promotion (Menu) — Southland Park — Sammy Hagar’s Red Rocker Bar & Grill Menu
- Collateral Material: Publication Design (Cover) — University of Memphis Law School Magazine Cover
- Collateral Material: Specialty Advertising (Apparel) — Overton Park T-Shirt
- Print Advertising:
- Magazine Advertising (Campaign) — University of Memphis Basketball Season Ad Campaign — “I Play for Memphis”
- Magazine Advertising (Campaign) — Delaware North — The Future of Sports
- Out-of-Home & Ambient Media:
- Poster (Campaign) — Beale Street Caravan Post Campaign
- Out-of-Home (Campaign) — Southland Park — Sammy Hagar’s Red Rocker Bar & Grill Hockey & Baseball
- Elements of Advertising:
- Copywriting — Beale Street Caravan Posters
- Visual Illustration (Single) — Overton Park Map
- Visual Illustration (Single) — University of Memphis Law School Magazine Illustration — Coffee Girl
- Visual Illustration (Single) — University of Memphis Law School Magazine Illustration — Farmer
- Visual Illustration (Single) — University of Memphis Law School Magazine Illustration — Community
- Visual Illustration (Series) — Beale Street Caravan Illustration
- Visual Illustration (Series) — University of Memphis Law School Magazine Illustration — Paper Cut
- Local Only:
- Art Direction (Campaign) — University of Memphis Basketball Season Ad Campaign — “I Play for Memphis”
- Copywriting (Campaign) — University of Memphis Basketball Season Ad Campaign — “I Play for Memphis”
The Memphis office’s Silver awards included the following clients and projects: taropop, Mix by Trinity, University of Memphis, Palm Beach Tan, The Donkeys and Robby Grant, The Bridge, Southland Park and FedEx.
In addition to taking home the most honors of any creative agency, Archer Malmo also sponsored the 2016 Memphis ADDYs and provided all creative direction for the event, themed “The Decision 2016.” Russ Williams, CEO of Archer Malmo, received the AAF Memphis’ 2016 Silver Medal Award in January.
Judges for the Memphis event were Phil Davies, creative director at GSD&M in Austin; Nathan Crow, group creative director at RPA in Santa Monica, Calif.; and Melissa Healy, group creative director at Frequency540 in Chicago.
Meanwhile, Archer Malmo’s Austin office was recognized earlier this month by the Austin Ad Fed with a Silver ADDY for the following campaign:
- Digital (Single Platform): Rice University — Rice University [Your Name Here] Campaign
Every year, the American Advertising Federation holds local awards ceremonies across the country to recognize the most inventive, inspiring and ingenious creative work in advertising and marketing. The local ADDY awards in each region are the first in a three-step process, followed by the District 7 (Memphis) American Advertising awards and District 10 (Austin) awards followed by the National level American Advertising Awards in June.
About Archer Malmo
Archer Malmo, with offices in Memphis, Tennessee, and Austin, Texas, combines brand thinking, data and technology to help growing brands adapt to the digital and creative complexities of today. Since 1952, we’ve continually evolved to changes in the industry, helping level the competitive playing field for midsize companies. The agency’s combination of discipline specialists, strategic orientation, creativity and culture yields strong client relationships and business results. With more than 150 people, Archer Malmo is one of the oldest independent agencies in the U.S. and has been recognized by Advertising Age and others as a “Best Place to Work” and has been named to the “Inc. 5000” list of fastest-growing private companies in America for five consecutive years.